Aloha Pathway in Economics 2 + 2 + 1
Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) students who complete the two-year Undergraduate Foundation Program of the International Business School (IBS) will be guaranteed acceptance with junior standing to UHM into the Economics Bachelor of Arts (BA).
- Direct admission to the Department of Economics BA program
- Streamlined application to MA in Economics, Public Administration, or Urban and Regional Planning
- Scholarships, including International Merit Award Scholarship at 150% of in state tuition (valued at $16,380 USD per year) for students with GPA of 3.3
- Priority UH Mānoa registration with junior standing
- Confidence in knowing how BFSU courses meet BA degree requirements
- Concierge advising services, including pre-transfer advising and transition coaching
- Opportunity to earn up to 16 UHM free credits in Mandarin Chinese for previous language experience
- Complete IBS Undergraduate Foundation Program
- Earn 60 transferrable credits from BFSU
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better
- TOEFL (iBT) 100, TOEFL (PBT) 600, or IELTS (Academic Section) 7.0 may begin studies with no additional language requirements
- Admission may be granted with additional English language placement exams for students with minimum scores of TOEFL (iBT) 61, TOEFL (PBT) 500, or IELTS (Academic Section) 5.0
The Fall 2019 application deadline is January 5, 2019.