Mānoa Academy at UH Mānoa
Mānoa Academy at University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (UH Mānoa) is an innovative program offered in collaboration between the College of Social Sciences and partner high schools across the state of Hawaiʻi. Intended to ease the transition from high school to college, the program is designed to provide high school juniors and seniors with a first-hand experience of authentic collegiate life by offering a selection of academic courses on the UH Mānoa campus, the flagship campus of the University of Hawaiʻi System.
Mānoa Academy Partner High Schools
The Mānoa Academy at UH Mānoa collaborates with schools across Hawaiʻi to provide a wide array of courses and educational experiences. The following schools provide dual credit (high school credit) through Mānoa Academy.
- Henry J. Kaiser High School
- Kaimuki High School
- Kalani High School
- Kamehameha Schools Hawaiʻi
- Kamehameha Schools Kapālama
- Kamehameha Schools Maui
- President Theodore Roosevelt High School
- Punahou School – Clarence T.C. Ching Pueo Program
- Saint Francis School
*Students who are not enrolled at a partner high school may apply as an independent student through Mānoa Academy Online. UH Mānoa tuition and fees will apply.
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Admissions Requirements
All students applying for the Mānoa Academy must meet the admissions requirements. It is highly recommended that you visit the Admissions Office website for admissions requirements and deadlines before starting the application process:
1. 2.8 Cumulative GPA
2. Standardized Test Scores (PSAT, SAT, or ACT)
- SAT: 510/510 Critical Reading/Math
- ACT: 22/22/22 English/Math/Composite
3. High school transcripts
- Applications are currently closed.
1. Download and complete the Mānoa Academy Consent Form
- Download the Mānoa Academy Consent Form (pdf)
- Applications for the Mānoa Academy will not be reviewed until the Consent Form is submitted.
2. Complete the University of Hawaiʻi Application
- Access the UH application
- Consult the Application Tips (pdf) and Application Worksheet (pdf) before logging on
- Select UH Mānoa Main Campus
- In a comment box, please indicate that you are applying for Mānoa Academy
- If submitting high school transcripts with this application, there is no need to complete the "Self-Reported" section of the application
3. Application Fee: $70
The application fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable and valid only for the semester indicated on the application. You may also send a money order or check payable to the University of Hawaiʻi or download the credit card authorization form.
- Mānoa Academy students in good standing will not have to reapply or pay another application fee
- An Application Fee Waiver (pdf) may be requested
- If you are applying for a waiver, complete the University of Hawaiʻi Application until the payment portion
4. Submit Test Scores
SAT or ACT scores must be submitted through the Self-Reported Application. The initial admissions decision will be based on this information. You may forward your test scores to UH Mānoa at any time. Our college codes are SAT 4867 and ACT 0902. Upon request from the Office of Admissions, official scores must be submitted directly to UH Mānoa from the testing agency for validation and/or scholarships. Ask your high school counselor for more information on testing locations and deadlines or visit the SAT website or the ACT website.
5. Complete Additional Mānoa Academy Forms
Upon admissions, students will be sent additional information and forms including program questionnaires to complete.
Mānoa Academy: Enrollment Checklist
Congratulations! Once you've been admitted, follow these steps to enroll.
1. Complete Health Clearance Form
Health Clearance Requirements are:
- MMR - 2 doses - Submit your Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccination record or the results of an antibody test administered by a licensed healthcare professional
- Tuberculosis Test - Submit your results from a TB test administered by a licensed healthcare professional
Submit your Health Clearance Form:
University Health Services Mānoa
1710 East-West Road
Honolulu, HI 96822
or Fax: (808) 956-3583
or Submit completed form via UH File Drop - Recipient: UHSM
2. Create your MyUH Account
Must have your UH Number. Your UH Number should be in the acceptance letter sent to you. Get a UH Username in order to access:
- Your UH Mānoa Gmail email account
- MyUH Services - account information, financial information (including payments), student services, etc.
- Laulima – Learning & Collaboration server
3. Get your Mānoa One Card (Optional)
- Must have registered for UH Mānoa class(es) and have established a UH email account.
- Phone: (808) 956-7236 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact:
- The application fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable and valid only for the first semester. A student who enrolls and successfully passes an Academy course that first semester will remain in the program and will not need to submit another application or fee for enrollment as a Fall Mānoa entering freshman.
- A student who fails to earn a grade of C or higher may be removed from the Mānoa Academy at the Academy’s discretion. Once removed, the student must reapply for the Academy and/or admission to UH Mānoa and pay the application fee.
- Failure to maintain at least a Mānoa Academy 2.0 GPA (2.75 for College of Education majors; and 2.5 for KRS majors) will result in the student being ineligible for financial aid upon enrollment at Mānoa as a freshman (until such time as the student's GPA rises to meet the minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress standards).
- If the student does not successfully complete the dual credit course(s), the student may not meet high school graduation requirements. The grade received will be permanently on the student’s transcript.